Constitution of the Pestana Team
The human resources policy of the Pestana Group has the following principles:
- To adapt the individual to his function and allow his self-improvement;
- To estimate the development potential and define the profile of employees;
- To train both technical and behavioral features;
- To motivate, encourage, reward or retrain for other functions;
- To improve communication and interpersonal relations.
The Pestana team has around 7.000 employees worldwide. The hotel sector employs more than half of the total employees4. We now present the Team of employees of the hotel units of the Group (except for the Berlin and Chelsea units).In these units, the Pestana Group employs 4.001 people, in which 59% are women and 41% men. Compared to 2009, there was an increase of 102 elements, keeping almost the same overall structure.
Regarding the ages of the employees, the team is quite balanced, with 35% of employees between 25 and 34 years old, 27% between 35 and 44, and 19% between 45 and 54. The remaining employees fall under age groups with smaller percentages. The overwhelming majority are permanent workers (72%), 20% have a fixed-term contract and 8% through outsourcing.
By region, our employees are distributed across 10 different countries: Portugal, São Tomé, South Africa, Mozambique, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Cape Verde, Germany and the United Kingdom. The existence of a larger number of units in certain geographical locations, is also reflected in the number of existing employees on those locations.