Some of the safety measures that we implemented for customers and employees, at our units are:
- Continuous training of security teams in all units;
- The units are supplied with fire safety equipment (blankets in the kitchen, fire hydrants, extinguishers, sprinklers and smoke detectors) and emergency signaling at the highest risk places, according to the security plan for each unit;
- Regular simulation drills are conducted in accordance with the emergency plan of each unit;
- Conducting tests for alcohol in Hotels, in order to control alcohol consumption during the work time of employees, making workplaces safer and promoting the quality of service;
- In some units there are safety and health committees;
- All units follow a code of good practices in food safety, which is based on the principles of HACCP in all stages: receiving, refrigeration/preservation, freezing, cooking and regeneration of food. The information is available to all employees on the intranet.
Hospitally Assurance Certificate
The Pestana Casino Park published safety manuals, compiling a series of safety rules at the various hotel activities, including: safety rules in painting, cleaning, among others.
These manuals also warn our employees to the importance of safety labeling, identifying the meaning of the symbols used in the labels of products.
Gold Certificate of Excellent Food Hygiene
The Pousada of the Estoi Palace received the Gold Certificate of Excellent Food Hygiene Standards based on the principles of HACCP.
This certification process began in May 2009 being only 32% completed; by the end of 2009 67% was already concluded and 80% for the first time in February 2010.
Pousada de Faro, Palácio de Estoi, Portugal